Okay. There is something you need to know about me. It’s weird. But it’s me. When I really, really like something, I feel mad. Like, damn it…I love this so hard. That’s how I feel about these enchiladas I made with Siete Foods tortillas. They make me so mad!
Making paleo tortillas is always the most labor-intensive part of making enchiladas, so I don’t make them that often. Now that I have these healthy, whole food ingredient tortillas pre-made for my lazy butt—watch out.
And…making life even more simply…I used my Instant Pot to make perfect shredded chicken. Easy. Peasy.
These bad boys are going on my easy weekday dinner menu.
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 cup salsa
1/4 cup water or broth
1 15 ounce can enchilada sauce
1 can green chilies
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
1/2 onion, finely diced
Cheese (not paleo…but I mean, it’s cheese ?)
8 @sietefoods Cassava and chia tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dice and sauté the bell pepper, zucchini and onion. You can do this using the Instant Pot sauté feature, or just sauté on the stovetop.
- Meanwhile, prepare your chicken. (I used my Instant Pot salsa chicken to add extra flavor and left the veggies in the pot to make clean up simpler). You could also use a rotisserie chicken from the store, or simply bake your own. Shred chicken and set aside.
- If you didn’t cook the veggies with the chicken, combine in a bowl. Add green chilis and mix.
- Using a 9 x9 glass baking pan, use enchilada sauce to coat the bottom of the pan about 1/4-1/2 cup.
- Fill tortillas with the chicken mixture and roll. Place in sauce. Continue until the baking pan is full.
- Cover enchiladas with sauce (about 3/4 cup).
- Grate and top with cheese (optional)
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until cheese is crispy and enchiladas are bubbly.