You can legit prep these in under ten minutes. This makes for a great pre or post-workout treat, or keep these cut up in the fridge for a quick afternoon pick me up when the energy slump hits.
Coconut oil for greasing
4 cups brown rice crisps (or classic Rice Krispies)
½ cup all-natural peanut butter (or other nut butter), partially melted
½ cup brown rice syrup
3 scoops vanilla protein powder*
1 teaspoon vanilla
*This is the protein powder I like best. Use code ashley22 to save 10 percent.
- Grease a 9-inch by 9-inch pan with coconut oil or line it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together melted peanut butter, brown rice syrup, protein powder and vanilla until it forms a dough consistency.
- Add Rice Krispies to the peanut butter mixture. Use your hands to gently fold the rice crisps into the mixture. Then, pour mixture into the pan.
- Using a spatula, spread mixture out evenly and press into pan so the bars are compact.
- Place into freezer for at least 30 minutes
- Before serving or storing, use a sharp knife to cut your treats into squares.