Sometimes I love my Instant Pot so much that it makes me feel hostile. I turn vulnerability into hostility. It’s how I process, okay. I mean, I don’t want to be so dependent on some machine. But I can’t help it. It woos me with its easy to use features and no-nonsense approach. It tells me I’m a good mom…the best mom…an organized mom…a mom with dinner plan. I catch a glimpse of my tattered workout clothes and disshelved hair in its stainless exterior. And it say back to me, “You are sexy, you kitchen goddess.” Yes, Instant Pot, you know just how to make a gal feel pretty–Easy AF chicken salsa made from frozen freaking chicken breasts and done 25 minutes. Ha. Don’t mind if I do.
This dinner is next-level easy and it is such a hit with the entire family. Kid-friendly, paleo, gluten-free, healthy and seriously easy AF. There are about a million ways to serve this up. Serve it over salad if you are trying to keep it clean. Make it into a rice bowl. The kiddos like it served over sweet potato nachos (and so do I!). Wrap it into a burrito, or throw that business up in a corn taco shell.
No matter the vehicle to my mouth, I serve it with bell peppers, onions, and some guacamole.
Now if only I could find a camera that made me into a good photographer.
Easy AF Instant Pot Salsa Chicken
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- Salt + Pepper (to taste)
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp taco season
- 1-16 ounce Jar of Salsa
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, garlic powder and taco seasoning.
- Put 1/2 cup of salsa in the pressure cooker, and then add breasts on top.
- Add salsa remaining salsa over the chicken. (If salsa is really thick, you can add 1/4 cup water)
- Close lid and be sure to close the valve so steam doesn’t come out.
- Hit “Manual” and adjust time to 11 minutes.
- When cooking cycle is done, let sit for 10 minutes, and then manually release any remaining pressure by turning the valve.
- Remove chicken and shred.
- Serve how you like it–on top of salad, or in tortillas.