Super freaking easy. This recipe can easily be made vegetarian, too, by substituting the chicken for beans or another vegetarian protein of choice.
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 cup salsa
1/4 cup water or broth
1 15 ounce can enchilada sauce
1 can green chilies
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
1/2 onion, finely diced
8 corn or flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dice and sauté the bell pepper, zucchini and onion for approximately five minutes or until tender.
- Shred the chicken. A pre-cooked rotisserie chicken is great.
- If you didn’t cook the veggies with the chicken, combine in a bowl. Add green chilis and mix.
- Using a 9 x9 glass baking pan, use enchilada sauce to coat the bottom of the pan about 1/4-1/2 cup.
- Fill tortillas with the chicken mixture and roll. Place in sauce. Continue until the baking pan is full.
- Cover enchiladas with sauce (about 3/4 cup).
- Grate and top with cheese (optional)
- Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is crispy and enchiladas are bubbly.