Okay, so I really super wanted pancakes. I also kinda wanted to make my favorite carrot bars from the Lean Green Bean. But the thing is, I didn’t want to wait for them to bake. Yes, I know. So impatient. So I threw together these pancakes, and they are delicious. They are quite fluffy, and the carrots make them moist. Does it tastes like carrot cake? No! Because, I mean, it isn’t carrot cake. But they are quite good, and super nourishing. I topped mine with a lightly sweetened Greek Yogurt and granola, and it truly brought the yum factor even higher.
The great news is that it makes quite a few, so you’ll have plenty of leftovers for later in the day or breakfast tomorrow.
- 1 cup oat flour*
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup cooked carrots**
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- spray or butter for cooking
*You can simply use your food processor to turn your oats to oat flour.
**You can simply finely dice carrots and place in a microwave-safe bowl and cook this way. Or, do in the oven the night before.
- Preheat electric griddle to 350 degrees F.
- In food processor, mix together the oats, gluten free flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add in carrots, eggs, maple syrup, Greek Yogurt, vanilla and blend again until fully mixed.
- If batter is too thick, add a splash of milk of choice.
- Spray griddle
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto skillet and cook until bubbles start to form. Flip. And cook through.