You’re welcome. Yep, it is that good.
This granola will change your LIFE! I mean it. I feel that passionate about it.
One of my besties brought me this granola for my birthday. I called her immediately and was like: CHRISTY, you need to sell this shizz. You’d be a millionaire. And while she rejected my business proposal, she did share the recipe, and give me permission to share it here.
The best part is that this recipe yields a lot of granola. I store it in a mason jar in the pantry, and I eat it EVERY DAY. My fave is putting it on top of my morning protein smoothie bowl. It is great on top of Greek yogurt, my carrot cake pancakes, or just a handful on its own to curb that afternoon sugar craving.
Any nuts will do! (That’s what she said). That’s the great thing. You can make this recipe with whatever you have in the pantry! Christy also noted that you can add a couple tablespoons of almond flour if you like your granola to stick together a little more.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (raw)
- 1/2 cup pepitas (raw)
- 1/2 cup almond slivers
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup coconut shreds (don’t put this in until the end!)
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, avocado oil, or grapeseed oil
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the nuts, oats, cinnamon and salt.
- Then mix together the oil (melted if using coconut), and syrup.
- Toss the oat/nut mixture with the oil/syrup.
- Press it down into pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, and then add the coconut flakes.
- Cook for another 10 minutes or until the coconut is golden.
- Let cool.
- Break apart and store in airtight container. Wait to put it in storage container until it has cooled completely.