Pancakes!!! These bad boys have a nice boost of protein, but without the eggs! To make them totally vegan, simply use a plant-based protein powder. I, personally, like it with a vanilla whey. The quality of your protein matters…for taste, too.
- 1 cup (120 g) all-purpose flour or gluten-free 1:1 flour
- 1/4 cup (28 g) protein powder of choice
- 2.5 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup water, plus more as needed
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Banana or Berries (optional, but so good!)
- Mix the flour, protein powder, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
- Add the maple syrup and water. It should be thick, but pourable.
- Heat a non-stick pan over low to medium heat. Use a little cooking spray or a good non-stick pan and scoop about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the pan for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles start to appear and the edges of each pancake look dry and firm. Flip and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Top with syrup or whatever you please and get to eating!